Home Emergency Insurance Cover
Cover for unexpected emergencies in the home or residential let property
Our Home Emergency insurance provides cover for a wide range of common but unexpected emergencies that happen around the home, such as burst pipes, blocked drains and central heating failure.
This product is available to insurance brokers and intermediaries only.
Specially trained, experienced claims handlers and a UK-wide network of contractors provide an unparalleled level of service, 24/7 365 days a year.
In the event of a claim, an engineer will be appointed to attend the insured’s property to effect a make-safe repair and eradicate any health and safety risk posed by the emergency.
Insured events covered
Cover is provided for the appointment of a contractor to attend the insured’s home or residential let property and effect an emergency repair for:
- Burst pipes or sudden leakage
- Failure of the property’s domestic water mains or electricity supply
- Total failure and/or breakdown of the property’s heating system
- Inoperable toilets
- Damaged doors, windows or locks, which affects the security of the property
- Failure of roofing, down-piping or guttering
- Infestation of pests
In addition, policy cover can be extended to include:
- Alternative accommodation for one night following one of the insured events listed above.
- A £250 contribution toward boiler replacement where the insured’s boiler failed and is deemed to be beyond economical repair.
Limits of indemnity
Various limits of indemnity are available up to £750 (incl VAT) per claim.
As a provider of specialist insurance products and services for brokers, affinity groups, motor fleet providers, letting agents and insurers, we are renowned for our innovative and flexible approach in developing and administering bespoke schemes to meet the requirements of our partners. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer flexible solutions.
Claims against our Home Emergency insurance products are managed by a third party organisation that manages and monitors a UK-wide network of contractors and tradespeople (plumbers, gasfitters, electricians, joiners and glaziers).
Our Home Emergency insurance products are designed to be provided to customers on an add-on or standalone basis.
Trading options can include:
- Online trading via our broker platform – HUB
- Delegated authority schemes
- Open GI
- Vantage – administered programmes